Sunday, July 18, 2010

#30 Nagashima Spa Land

I’ve been wanting to finish this blog forever. But alas, I have not, for fear that if I actually sit down and complete my story, I’ll admit that I’ve come home and that the adventure is actually over.

I’m going to do it though. So, here it goes..

The last thing I wrote about was leaving high school. I won’t play in the hot and humid gym anymore and I also won’t get to hang out with my Handa Buddies, but I do get to see my fellow YFU exchangers!

Sunday, we went to Nagashima Spa Land! It was a ginormous theme park. Waterworld and Six Flags combined. It was soooo much fun. Well worth the 5000 yen it took to pay for the ticket and transportation let me tell you. (AKA $50)

First of all, you weren’t even supposed to go in the park if you had tattoos. Tattoos! Very conservative. Three quarters of the population in America probably wouldn’t have been able to get in at that rate. No bentos allowed in either. Which sucked because my Okasan made hot dogs!

I hung around with the same people all day. We went on a huge ferris wheel.


Sunburned like the white people we are!

On top of that we conquered the monstrosity known as the Steel Dragon. It was crazy and also the obvious main attraction since the line for that ride was super long. Disneyland long…

We were singing Katy Perry’s California Girls to pass the time and getting gawked at like we were foreigners or something..

It was super awesome. Great day..



No comments:

Post a Comment