Monday, July 26, 2010

#35 Last Trip

For my last trip I went to a traditional Japanese Hotel.

Let me tell you, it was traditional too. We slept on futons, ate raw fish (to my distaste, unfortunately), and even bathed in P-U-B-L-I-C.

Yeah, that’s right I said it…

Futons! Those things are comfy… Much comfier then my little cot. Its like sleeping on a feather bed with absorbency of a Temour-Pedic. Heaven.

The raw fish, was really hard to avoid, but I did try some stuff..


And yes, public bath, I used one. If you know me. You would know that I am extremely self-conscious. I wouldn’t even think about being naked in front of anyone but perhaps a mirror. But, I did it.

Thankfully, it is more hygienic then it sounds. Everyone washes and SCRUBS their bodies before going in the baths and the water is being continuously cycled in and out of filters.

And I wasn’t that self-conscious because it was just Okasan, Iri, and I out there. Two other women drifted through while we were there but that was it. The part that really made it amazing was that the bath is on the top floor of the hotel so you get an incredible view of the (very few) stars and if you look over the rail you could even see out over the ocean.


After our baths we went and saw fireworks and saw the Red-Snap Fish being painted for the festival that was to be held the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment