Tuesday, July 20, 2010

#32 Bowling with a side of Nachos

Definitely went bowling today!! Its more expensive here so its not as popular, but I pointed it out when we went to the mall one day so Okasan immediately planned our trip to the alley.

They were going to use the bumpers! You know the little rails they put up on the side of lanes to make sure you cant get a gutter ball? The ones for children??? I put my foot down on that one.

All I’ve been hearing is “Try This” “Challenge That” etc. etc. So I said “Here’s YOUR challenge. No Bumpers!!”

They were good too! Well, Tomoko and Mayuko were pretty good but the Katos were failing, a lot..

I kind of kicked their butts, but hey, I’m American, we have bowling classes… It was to be expected.

We took some Pirikura afterwards..





And even went to an American restaurant! I made them try nachos and root beer. My host sister was convinced that it was actually alcohol so she wouldn’t try it but my host mom did. She didn’t like it..


The Nachos were bomb though. I even got the name of the store they go to, to buy their beans so I could get some for when I make Tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment