Monday, June 14, 2010

#10 To Tokyo!

Wake up call was at 4 A.M.! OH MEH GOODNESS! Yeah, I did it though. Be proud Mom and Dad.

All of us exchangers had to turn in our keys and get our breakfasts. When that was finished, we were split up. :( There were two different flights. One group flew out of San Francisco at 8:50, to a layover in Seattle, and then on to Tokyo. The other group’s flight was out of San Francisco at 1:00, nonstop to Tokyo. I was the first one.

I slept the whole way to Seattle. I just totally passed out. I think I said about 5 words to the girl next to me. So, bad.

The layover in Seattle was great! Mainly because it is the capital for Starbucks! I got one as soon as I got there. :) Yummm.. I also enjoyed it because it allowed me to finally have Wifi! Poor internet deprived Alicia… I know, tragic.

At 12:50 we boarded our plane to Narita Airport! I am currently sitting next to Kaitlyn Talbot the founder of our Facebook Group. :)

I’m in Japan!


We made it to the hotel. It was like 10 minutes away from the airport. So, it was a very short bus ride.

No scenic routes for our first look at Japan though. :( The hotel was called the Excel something.. It’s on the picture.

It’s not the same hotel that the Partial Scholarship Japan Exchangers went to last week. Apparently they got to stay in Tokyo and explore it a little bit. We were restricted to the hotel. Which was not a good thing… Instead of walking around Tokyo we were bugging all the hotel staff and residents with our crazy American ways.

Yeah, first of all, all of our American guys were wearing shorts around the lobby, which apparently is kind of disrespectful? Then, people were wearing the slippers from their rooms around the hotel, they are only meant for the room… After that, people wanted to swim. So, those people went to the pool and splashed around a lot and were really noisy eventually making these poor Chinese men leave. Since some of us don’t want to swim we went looking for the garden that we saw on the way in. Apparently we weren’t supposed to go in there either.

So, we epically failed on our first experience with communication. We all decided that it would be best if we went back to our rooms. We all ended up in my tiny hotel room. We mostly tried to translate Japanese television and we talked, loudly.


So, altogether, it was… interesting…

No comments:

Post a Comment