Monday, June 28, 2010

#24 Humiko

Yesterday, I hung out with a member of English Club today we will go to a Drawing Club member’s house.

Guess what I am learning to do?

Weaving.

Yeah, I got to use the cool little wooden machine and everything too.

Humiko, is the lady that showed me her weaving hobby. She was extremely nice, almost a polar opposite to the forceful Mimi.

Weaving doesn’t sound like a fun hobby but I found it completely fascinating. I always like to know how things work and I learned how to make the most used material in the world, cloth.

These are pictures at my failed attempt to make string from cotton using a traditional Japanese spinning wheel. Humiko made it look so easy when she was doing it. I spun the wheel one time and the string broke.


This was me trying to use the western style spinning wheel.

I couldn’t use that one either. :(

When I actually started weaving the fabric was when I started feeling better. I could do this part. :)


After weaving, I got to play Wii. As far as I have seen, everyone has one in Japan. I played Wii Fit. I beat all Huniko’s scores on the Balance Games. Hehe. She still has the record for dancing though, I couldn’t do that to save my life.

The finished project.

No comments:

Post a Comment