Wednesday, June 30, 2010

#26 A Wednesday in Handa

Another Wednesday, that means… English Club!

The girls taught me how to do “Traditional Japanese” flower arranging today.

I also showed them my newspaper from home. They were amazed when I showed them that my brother was actually in the newspaper for graduating high school. The thing that probably caught their eye the most was the housing ads and the clothes ads. The houses were very large! The clothes, they were so cheap! It was pretty funny.

After English Club, I went to a different AEON mall with Tomoko and Mayuko. Mayuko wanted to do some shopping and take Pitikura with me. :)





The whole girl gang went out to Udon after that. We ate on the traditional tatami mats. Yeah, we had French fries for an appetizer. I thought cool so I reached out grabbed one and popped it into my mouth like any other American would do. Oh no, bad call. My host mom looked at me, made sure I was watching, picked up her chopsticks and used her chopsticks to eat the French fries. Yeah…

Yummy Udon with Tempura on the side :)

No comments:

Post a Comment