Tuesday, June 29, 2010

#25 Meetings

I started off the day embarrassingly wearing a not flattering white polo shirt and really hot long length jeans because we would be going to Handa High School for an informational meeting on my 2 week stay.

Before Handa though, we went to my host mother’s volunteer school Miyaike Elementary. This time I wouldn’t be attending class though.

My host mother is a very good painter. She and the other volunteers hand painted onto big poster board the scenes from a Niimi Nankichi book. They all practiced reading the story aloud and flipping through the scenes. Even though I couldn’t understand the language, the pictures were good enough so that I could follow along.

This was the volunteer group. My host mother painted this first scene.

After Miyaike we went to the meeting. Basically, they gave my host mother a long list of things I can’t do or wear, otherwise known as rules. The list was really long too.

For example: 1) You can only wear black, navy blue, white or grey socks. 2) You can only wear skirts that go past your knees and it has to be black, blue, white or grey. 3) You have to bring your slippers, gym, and PE shoes to school every day. 4) You must cut your nails. 5) etc. etc. etc.

Needless to say I didn’t follow number 4. Cut my nails. No way. I need these babies to survive. I don’t think my fingers could function properly without them.

The meeting wasn’t that bad. I found out that my homeroom teacher is the English teacher. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment