Sunday, June 20, 2010

#15 Music to My Ears

I got to wake up amazingly late today. :)

I felt like singing! I love to sleep in! Especially when you don’t even have to rush to get ready after sleeping in… Sighh… Who could ask for more out of a morning?

Anyways, I wore my good dress today because a little later in the afternoon my Okasan, Iri and I went to see the Handa-shi Symphony.

It was pretty amazing. They played songs from all around the world. Yes, even from Home-Sweet-Home.

Although, I do have to admit I was a tad bit distracted because I was sitting next to a ginormous camera. The guy kept swinging the thing back and forth and zooming in and out on certain sections and people. He occasionally muttered into his neck assumingly talking to the other cameras stationed throughout the theatre. Not going to lie. I was fascinated. Haha. I was trying to figure out the patterns and his mysterious method…

Simultaneously, I was, of course, listening attentively to the music and secretly wishing I could be the composer. (I just want to do the cool hand movements.)

After the Orchestra, we went home to have dinner. Tomoko would be joining us tonight along with her two daughters, Nariko and Mayuko.

Nariko is my age and I think Mayuko is 14. Anyways, even though I couldn’t pick out a word they were saying I ended up having a lot of fun. We played Jenga, Uno, and Othello (I didn’t know they were asking me to play Othello until they actually brought it out, because they couldn’t pronounce it right to my very American ears.) Iri totally kicked my butt in Othello, by the way. That girl has a plan, let me tell you…

We had Cold Chinese Noodles for dinner. They were okay… I prefer my noodles hot usually. What made it better though was the ability to slurp. Yeah, it’s not rude to slurp in Japan. It’s practical. Especially since you only have chopsticks to work with.

I made plans with Nariko to go to the movies on Sunday. We’re going to go see The Prince of Persia. It will be in English with Japanese subtitles. I am so excited. :)

I have to say, I do miss movie night at home. I tried watching Japanese television. It’s really confusing… I think even if I knew the language, it would still be hard to understand… Random things just pop out of nowhere sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment