Wednesday, June 23, 2010

#18 Wednesday with the Girls

English Club! Oh yeah, get show off my amazing pronunciation skills. This club has about 6 members including my host mom.

We basically talked about America and the differences between it and Japan. Most of them had been to America before. Some have children working there or husbands and others went for vacation. Their English was very good too. I’m really impressed. Honestly, most Americans don’t even bother to learn another language and these ladies practice every week.

It was really fun talking to them. We all went to lunch afterwards.

I’m so glad we did too. I tried Udon for the first time. They are Japanese noodles. Man, were they delicious! The noodle is usually the same, the thing that varies is the sauce and its toppings. I chose the most basic kind, just in case, and I found it delicious! On top of that, I got tempura-fried shrimp and a salmon rice bowl (the little triangle things I made with my host mom earlier on). Soo good. My mouth is watering just talking about it.

Instead of going home with my host mom like I’d planned, some of the ladies in the group took me to AEON mall. It was surprisingly big. There were a million clothing shops and even a Starbucks. The ladies saw me eyeing it and took me there immediately. Of course, we couldn’t drink and walk, so we sat down and had our drinks.

We wandered around a bit. To make a little side conversation, I told them I was looking for polo shirts and a skirt for when I start school in a few weeks… All I gotta say is, there is nothing like a Japanese woman on a mission. We went darting from store to store comparing prices and sizes until my feet actually started hurting. I ended up buying two polo shirts and some socks. We deemed finding a navy blue skirt that is long enough to cover MY knees in Japan a lost cause and went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment