Wednesday, June 9, 2010

#6 The Kato Family

So, I’m dropping the “Hey, Guys” greetings. We’re far enough into the blog where I feel I don’t need to greet you. We should have a closer relationship than that :)

A ton of things have happened since I have last blogged. Unfortunately, I have been really busy. It’s been a combination of saying goodbye to friends, having a job, my brother graduating, and being a little lazy. Prepare yourself for an information onslaught.

I got a call informing me that I have a Host Family! I will be staying with the Kato Family. I have a Host Mom called Hiroko, a Host Dad called Yukihiro, and a Host Sister called Iri (She’s 12 years old.).

I will be staying in Handa City located in the Aichi Prefecture of Japan!


I will be attending Handa High School. I am pretty sure this is their website. Not a hundred percent however.
http://www.handa-h.aichi-c.ed.jp/index3.htm

I got a letter in the mail with the official information on it. It included the address and such.

My Host Mom, Hiroko, e-mailed me the other day.

She e-mailed me first telling me all about her family. She also told me they have a dog! I replied back saying:

Dear Hiroko,

It's great hear from you! I am looking forward to meeting you and your family!
I am very excited to see Japan for the first time and extremely grateful that you have agreed to let me stay in your home. :)
I have to admit that I am a little nervous about the fact that I don't speak Japanese.
I hope you don't mind me asking a question.
Does your family speak English?
Thank you for e-mailing me!

Sincerely,
Alicia


She replied:
Dear Alicia.

Thank you for an E-mail.
My husband and Iri speak English very little.
I understand it a little if you talk slowly.
But you don’t worry.
If an electronic dictionary helps us, and there is a
feeling that each other communicates.
Then I am studying English now.
Let me teach Japanese to Alicia, as for me, you please
teach me English.
I will raise each other.
I want to meet you early.

Love,
Hiroko


She seemed really nice. I’m extremely glad that she wants to help me with Japanese. I, of course, think it’s great that she wants to better her English skills as well. I’m going to try to help her as best as I can. :) I can’t wait to meet them!

I also got my flight information in the mail! They gave me all the info along with cute little YFU tags to put on my luggage.

The California Pre-Departure Orientation is in Berkeley this year. My mom or my brother will probably just drive me or I’ll have to take BART… Anyways, that will be for three days and then I fly to Tokyo!

For the trip my parents bought me a Netbook. I dubbed it, Mini-Me. Hehe. It’s really cute and I love it. I also bought a new camera for myself. I plan on taking a million pictures. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment